Tuesday, January 16, 2018

#1 : Personal Video Habits

Many times I have prided myself over the restraint that I can put against my media browsing rituals, and how I can hop in and out of a cyber rut at any time. But let's face it; I'm a social junkie and I am willing to blame it on my peers for the constant temptation. Well, maybe it's not entirely their fault, but they definitely do help me stay posted on the latest season of American Horror Story. They also seem to never skip a Queen Bee or Kardashian ultra sound, but who does?
As a college student, and a Mass Communications major if I may add, the most used video source I have would be Facebook. I spend countless hours scrolling through videos that have been shared all over the world. It usually starts with a couple of flicks on my screen to find posts of interest to view, but once you click a video, there are several featured or similar videos under it that will automatically play if the screen is left idle in order to make your lazy day even less occupational. I constantly switch between Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter videos while almost never missing a conversation or group chat message. For my generation, binge watching is not just a pass time. It is a tradition! And my friends and I enjoy the strong connection we can build between the emotions of a Netflix series; we even like how lost we feel once the series is played out and our lives no longer have meaning. YouTube, however, is more of a tool rather than an entertainment experience. I usually use it to conduct product research and to find tutorials while providing the occasional awe to the many commentators and entertainers that utilize YouTube as an outlet for their art.
My personal video habits are not only secondary. On pretty much any social media platform, any one person has the ability to create video content and to upload it publicly. If you were to add me on Snapchat (@itxxmimi), you would see that I post to my Snapchat story several times a week. Usually it will be an instance from my everyday life, but sometimes I will even promote myself and my own content with commentary, support tactics, entertainment, comedy, and recently a fad or two just to get people thinking in the direction of my future. I aspire to be a YouTuber one day, and I usually observe current artists mostly through video to create my own name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#10: Wildcard

Google Play is dead! Or at least it will be... According to 9to5google.com , "our tipster said that Google was planning to 'mo...